Sunday, September 27, 2009

Where have I been?


So I've been somewhat MIA the past week. The rains in North Georgia were horrible. The worst of it came this past Monday - at one point, I was using the Shop Vac to stop the water that was coming in through the main wall of our basement while Eric was amassing sand bags for the side of house adjacent to a creek. I was at my breaking point!! I called my parents out of desperation for them to check the weather forecast for me...I had to know when the rain would stop. And since both the internet and the satellite were out, I had no access to any news media. My daddy (the best daddy in the world) could most certainly sense my distress and offered to drive three hours in the terrible weather to come help. How could I say no? Although the worst of the rain had stopped by the time he arrived Monday evening, I was so happy to see him! He ended up being more help than we could have imagined. We ended up needing to do a lot of work in the basement to prepare for the installation of a waterproofing system so that minor flooding will no longer be an issue. Daddy to the rescue for sure - we could not have done it without him!

Needless to say, eating healthy and exercising were not my priorities for the past week. But I am now back to some normalcy, so here comes the food.....

Saturday
Breakfast


Trader Joe's Triple Berry Bran Muffin and reduced sugar orange juice

Lunch


Trader Joe's Stir Fried Vegetable Egg Rolls x2 with hot mustard (only 2 points each!)
CP Shrimp Wonton Soup (only 2 points!)

Dinner


Salad: red leaf lettuce, chopped tomato, 2 tbsp rf shredded cheese, light balsamic vinagrette
hot dog rolls: rf hot dogs wrapped in rf crescent rolls
baked onion rings
a little bit of ketchup for dipping

Sunday

Breakfast

Eric "cooked" breakfast for us before church! He reheated leftover hot dog rolls from Saturday night, fried an egg, and sliced up a tomato. He even let me drink the rest of the reduced sugar orange juice. What a good husband!!

Lunch

Pepperoni pizza from the Costco food court. How will I ever get to goal weight with a Costco membership?!?

Dinner

I didn't feel like cooking, so we took advantage of the O'Charley's 2 for $14.99 meal deal.


I started with a salad to get some greens in.


O'Charley's rolls are the DEVIL. I only ate ONE - that is indeed progress!


The "healthiest" option on the 2-for menu was the Baja Chicken. It was good but I am sure not nearly as healthy as I wanted it to be.


Now it's bed time. I have to start getting up early in case the schools call for me to sub!

Night ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Wow what a crazy week! Hope that you have some calm waters ahead (sorry, I can't resist a pun). Those hot dogs look sooo tasty!

    ReplyDelete