Thursday, September 17, 2009

in the words of missy elliott....

...I can't stand the rain. We have been drenched for what seems like days and the ground is finally super saturated (that's the unemployed science teacher in me talking). Thanks to all the wetness, our basement decided to get weepy...yep...flood #3 since moving in four years ago. THANKFULLY, we realized it pretty quickly so the damage was minimal. Clean up will be a PAIN, but we are actually going to have some foundation companies come out and give estimates for fixing our wet basement. I want to enjoy my finished basement and both hubs and I would like to finally be at ease every time it rains. So needless to say, I'm a little behind with my blogging. Here's the update from yesterday...

First, let me introduce you to my nice little find from the Williams Sonoma outlet:



All three beautiful melamine nesting mixing bowls were only $12.99!! I love a good deal!

I used the middle bowl in the creation of yesterday's breakfast:

One muffin was only 2 points so I added a glass of reduced sugar orange juice for a yummy breakfast.
Hubs finished working around lunch time so I met him out at Subway for a yummy lunch. The sub of the day was turkey breast - with the sub of the day, you get a 6-inch sub, a bag of chips, and a drink for only $3.99. A good deal fo sho!!
Later in the afternoon, I finally made it to the gym. Hooray!! I walked on the treadmill for 15 minutes and then did the elliptical for 25 minutes. By this point, the monsoon-style rains had begun. I got home and was a little shaky so I rummaged through the kitchen for a post-workout snack:
Yes, that is turkey breast and peanut butter. But I did not eat them together. I am all about different food combinations but never would turkey and peanut butter end up on the same sandwich. FIRST I ate the turkey THEN I ate 2 tablespoons of the peanut butter. Said flood occurred soon after my snack and our early evening was a little hectic. By the time we had shop-vac'd all the water up, I was in no mood to cook. Hubs had a left over quesadilla and I whipped up a breakfast sandwich and a bowl of grits.
Breakfast sandwich: WW bagel, ff cream cheese, one egg, a slice of ham, and sliced tomato
The secret to fabulous grits? A little garlic powder in the water before the grains go in.
I'm caught up with what happened yesterday. Assuming we don't float away, I'll update you on today's events soon.
Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment