Sunday, September 20, 2009

'Twas a good weekend!

I started this weekend off with a little trip to Weight Watchers on Saturday morning. Because of Labor Day and then Becky's bachelorette party, I had not been to a meeting in two weeks. I was a little nervous of what the scale would say, but I had decided it was time to recommit (again!) to the program. I was pleasantly suprised when the scale said I had lost another 1.6 pounds. I am only half a pound away from being down 10 pounds. I know 10 pounds doesn't seem like much, but it's a lot to me!!

At the meeting, I got myself a few treats:


I always wait to eat breakfast AFTER my WW meeting - every fraction of a pound counts? After I weighed in, I had a Peanut Butter & Jelly LaraBar. I LOVE THIS BAR!! I am not a big bar eater because they carry a high amount of points (4 for the PB&J). However, for a quick yummy to break the fast, it was phenomenal. I will definitely be grabbing more of these at the store!!

 
 
For lunch, Eric and I hit up Chick-fil-a. He had coupons for free sandwiches so we got out on the cheap. I had a grilled chicken sandwich and splurged on their yummy waffle fries:


 

Eric got the fried delicious traditional chicken sandwich and waffle fries as well. We couldn't decide if his chicken patty was shaped like the state of Texas or South Carolina. What do you think?




Amy and I decided to hang out for the evening. The original plan was to shop at Perimeter Mall and then head to the Dekalb Farmer's Market. Although we did make it to the mall, all of the shopping made me hungry so we decided on dinner instead of the farmer's market. We decided to hit up Fox Brothers BBQ for a foodie adventure! The menu offered too many things that we each wanted to taste, so we ended up getting LOTS (and I do mean LOTS) of different things to share:


 
The menu


The wings



The Tomminator
(Tots smothered in Brunswick Stew and topped with Melted Cheddar)



 Fried Dill Pickles

 
Fox Bros. "Burger"
(Chopped Brisket topped with bacon, tomato, red onion, pickles, melted pimento cheese, and jalapeno mayo)



Veggie Plate
(Whole fried okra, brisket chili, mac & cheese, green beans, and collards)



My partner in foodie crime, Amy.

I said it was a lot of food. Maybe you didn't believe me at first.....

With so much excitement on Saturday, I was happy for a low-key Sunday. We had lunch at my MIL's. I do believe the highlight of the day was Eric trying "Sweatin' to the Oldies."




 

Move over, Richard Simmons.

Night Ya'll!



1 comment:

  1. Ohh White chocolate peppermint shake mmmmmm. When it is cold like this I want pumpkin and peppermint. Yum-o!

    ReplyDelete