Monday, September 14, 2009

just another manic monday....

Playing the part of housewife while looking for a job may not allow me to refer to a Monday as "manic," but I was busy nonetheless. I awoke a little too late for my liking, straightened around the house a bit, checked email + FB + job postings, and then put on my gym clothes. I heated up a Jimmy Dean D'Light breakfast sandwich before heading out the door.


I had to go to the Vinings area to kitty sit one last time this go round. I sometimes can't believe my only current source of income consists of checking on a former boss's cats every so often. Funny how life unfolds before our eyes!! After checking on the kitties (they really are super sweet cats!) I headed to the bank and to Kroger for my weekly grocery trip. I got lots of fresh veggies, but I also stocked up Lean Cuisines. Kroger has a promotion where if you buy 10 LC's, the final price per product is only $1.67 PLUS I had a $1 off coupon. Frozen dinners aren't the healthiest meals to have on hand, but they are convenient and won't bust the Points bank when I'm in a hurry or low on fresh lunch ingredients. In fact, for lunch, I heated up the LC shrimp alfredo.

I doctored it up a bit by sauteing some sliced mushrooms (on sale at Kroger for $1!) and it turned out to be a tasty little lunch.


I rounded out my meal with 100 calorie yogurt cup. (crappy blurry photo...sorry!)


Hubs came home shortly thereafter; I whipped up a turkey sandwich for him before we headed out the door. He drove me to a customer of his who does dress alterations; time to get my bridesmaids dress looking good for Becky's wedding in three weeks!!
I got hungry around six-ish and began to whip up dinner. While the turkey burgers and oven roasted potatoes cooked, I had a little appetizer - oven roasted brussel sprouts. SOOOO STINKIN' GOOD!! I had never had brussel sprouts before but had heard they were delicious when they were oven roasted with a little bit of EVOO, salt, and pepper. I grabbed a few out of the bin at Whole Foods last week just to give them a try. They roasted for about ten minutes and were absolutely delicious. I made hubs try one - he was not impressed. How can I make him love vegetables as much as I do?!?



I had my turkey burger on an Arnold Sandwich Thin with a slice of asiago cheese, tomato, dill pickles, ketchup, and mustard. And of course I never go wrong when I make these oven roasted potatoes.




I have already written down in my Tracker than desert is a Kudos bar (perhaps of the Snickers variety???) and a glass of skim milk. Not really hungry, but would really like the taste of some chocolate. We'll see what happens between now and bed time!
Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment