Tuesday, October 6, 2009

middle school is so exhausting

We got back from our weekend trip to South Carolina on Sunday. The wedding was so much fun; my friend Becky was an absolute beautiful bride! I have decided after this weekend, however, that the entire state of South Carolina (my home!) is my dieting anti-Christ. Nothing good ever comes from my attempts to eat healthy while confined to the borders of my home state. Should I expect anything different? I mean, come on, we learned in the third grade that the easiest way to recognize our state on a map was to look for the state shaped like a PIECE OF PIE!




Since being back, I have been good about taking pictures of my meals, and I had every intention of blogging last night, but I was EXHAUSTED! I substitute taught a 7th grade class yesterday and had a BLAST, but I was pooped once I got home. I did, however, make it to the gym!!! I was on a two and a half week gym hiatus, so it felt good to get back in. I started myself back slow - only thirty minutes on the treadmill. I then took a quick trip to Costco and made it back home by 7:00ish. I ate dinner and passed out fell asleep by 8:30! Middle school is exhausting.

I had my yearly physical and flu shot today. I normally feel a little poopy after the flu shot so I decided on an afternoon cat nap instead of a trip to the gym. My nap gave me enough of a second wind to cook a new recipe for dinner that was yummy...see  a few pics below!

I have sub jobs lined up for the next two days and am waiting on confirmation of a job on Friday, so it looks like a busy week! Yay!! If substitute teaching won't get my foot in the door for a full time teaching position, I don't know what will.

Now, onto the food....

Breakfast
They made me fast for the blood work associated with my yearly physical so I was STARVING by the time I got out of the doctor's office. I mean, my stomach had starting eating my back I was so hungry. On my way home, I decided to try Goldberg's Deli.

 

The nice fella behind the counter talked me into their morning special. It was a bagel of my choice (I chose sesame wheat), egg, bacon, and cheese (I chose their house veggie cream cheese). NOT exactly figure friendly, but wholly cow, it was yummy!!

Lunch
Eric and I were both home around lunch time, so we shared an asian wrap with rotisserie chicken from the Costco prepared foods department that I purchased last night. I wasn't starving because of my big breakfast so I didn't have anything on the side. Just the wrap and a little bit of the peanut dressing drizzled on top.




Dinner
Tonight, I tried a new recipe from the September/ October 2009 issue of Weight Watchers magazine. I made the Turkey Milanese and found it to be really good. I have never cooked with turkey cutlets, but the recipe could not have been more easy. My only modification was that I placed the turkey on a bed of lettuce and sliced tomatoes as opposed to arugula and cherry tomatoes.




I rounded out the meal with leftover garlic toast (so good yet so bad!!) and whole grain rice blend from the folks at Rice-a-Roni. I also threw in two little Arancini Bites that I picked up at Trader Joe's today. They were apparently new and so very yummy. They are little rice balls filled with fontina cheese. They are a little heavy in the points (3 points for only 2 balls) but such a little yummy treat. Mr. Eric even liked them!!

 

'Tis past my bed time - have to get up super early to play teacher tomorrow. Wish me luck!!

Night ya'll!

1 comment:

  1. Hi, just stopped by your blog. Very nice. Thanks for the idea for the book thing. I had looked at others and they were too hard to even attempt. I am already on Shelfari. I plan on getting the book on you list. The Woodsmans daughter. I read and avidly listen to books on tape. See you around

    ReplyDelete