Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Real Number System

I was a sub for a math teacher today and I realized I was soooo much better at seventh grade math when I was actually in the seventh grade. However, I had a good time and I was glad to work another day! The hardest thing about subbing at this particular school is the time schedule - my first alarm went off at 5:00 am. I finally rolled out of bed at 5:19 am...boo....

Needless to say, it was a coffee morning.




Unfortunately, I only got to drink about a third of my cup before I got super busy running around school. :(

Breakfast on early mornings like this must meet two criteria:
1. Easy to prepare
2. Easily eaten in the car

The only thing in our house that meet both criteria right now are Jimmy Dean D'Light breakfast sandwiches.



I was hungry by the time lunch rolled around at 1 pm. I had packed a fairly healthy lunch of lean sliced turkey and fruit, but the smell of School Pizza was calling my name. I had missed School Pizza and School Salad, so I splurged on a treat. I had forgotten that School Pizza smelled so much better than it actually tasted PLUS they went up on the cost of School Pizza and School Salad. $3.50 was a bit much in my opinion. I do not believe I will fall victim to the smell of School Pizza any time in the near future. (I was not able to take a picture of School Pizza and School Salad....let's just say the mention of a food blog to some of my fellow (male) teachers would serve as fodder for personal humiliation for weeks to come.)

Once I got home, I shut my eyes for 10 minutes before running a few errands with the hubs. We were both hungry when we got home so I started making dinner. I totally relied on the pantry and freezer for tonight's meal.




Amy's Tom Kha soup was pretty good for a canned version of the Thai restaurant favorite. I, of course, would always prefer the restaurant version, but for an at-home Asian inspired meal, neither hubs nor I could really complain. Same goes for the Hamburger Asian Helper. I did try to "freshen up" my boxed meal by adding sauteed baby bella mushrooms and green onions. And of course, I LOVE the Trader Joe's stir fried vegetable egg rolls!!!








I think a glass of fat free chocolate milk is probably in my immediate future. Then, I do believe it is bed time. Another early morning tomorrow!!

Night ya'll!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like a crazy busy day! I love the Trader Joes chinese food. yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, what a busy day for you. The food looks warm and comforting. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a day!I like what you had for dinner, esp te eggrolls :) Hope you have an awesome day tomorrow!I'd love to guide our readers to your site if you won't mind.Just add your choice of foodista widget to this post and it's all set, Thanks! -Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete