Monday, December 21, 2009

Dear Santa, I've been a bad blogger...

This whole working full time seriously put a cramp in my blogging time. However, now that I have two weeks off, I am back and eating with camera in tow.

Today I was able to sleep in until 9:30. Halleluiah!! Sleeping in on a Monday morning was strange but nice. Eric woke up about this time too; he immediately put on some clothes and headed out to work. I, on the other, proceeded to remain in my pajamas for the next TEN HOURS. However, being pajama-clad did not mean I was lazy. On the contrary, I was able to get a lot done around the house.

I first powered up with some cereal and milk. Because I normally eat breakfast in the car or at school, cereal isn't usually an option. So today, I decided to indulge a little. I ended up trying the Oat Cluster Cheerios Crunch I bought a while back on sale. I used up the last of our skim milk in my cereal bowl (oops!) and had a glass of Trop50.







After eating breakfast and catching up with Kathie Lee and Hoda, I had to get to unloading this...



(Georgia is such a good little helper)

...and do a little bit of this...




I then began to wrap Christmas presents when I realized that I had Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants 2 on the DVR. I took a break from wrapping to watch the movie and about half way through, I had the craving for some popcorn.




My popcorn wasn't bad and the movie wasn't bad either. I love having enough time to lounge all by myself and watch movies I've recorded on the DVR. Christmas break is oh-so-very nice!!! After the movie was over, I felt it was time for lunch so I rummaged around in the freezer and put together an Asian inspired meal of Trader Joe's veggie egg rolls and chicken dumplings I had gotten from Costco a few months ago.




My afternoon of pajama wearing progressed; I continued to wrap presents and even worked on cleaning out my closet. I waited until the first official day of winter to switch out my warm weather wardrobe for my cold weather wardrobe! When Eric got home around 7-ish, he showered (and by this time I had finally showered too!) and we ran out to take care of a few errands. While we were out, we grabbed dinner at Cheeseburger Bobby's. I had the chicken and cheese sandwich and loaded it up with all of the veggie toppings from the bar.




And of course, I consumed what looks like a mountain of fries, too. 'Tis the season of indulgence I suppose! When we got home from errands, I realized I had received a package from Cooking.com. I ordered my daddy something fun for Christmas and it arrived today - yay! I was super excited upon opening the box to find that the folks at Cooking.com had packed a little surprise for me too:




I have yet to try the Starbucks VIA, so I am super excited about my free samples. Although my daddy drinks coffee every morning, this is one coffee he would not be interested in. So....Merry Christmas to me!

Night ya'll!

No comments:

Post a Comment